Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why is trusting in the guy upstairs so hard when life is so good?

First of all, can I just say how annoying Facebook is? Why do they have to always change things...

Anyways.

I'm kind of having a month long anxiety attack. And by kind of, I mean I am.

I'm supposed to graduate in December. That's a lot of pressure when the final semester turned out to be 19 credits worth of terribleness. Hooray for graduation (or the possibility of) and not hooray for what comes after that.

Growing up, I thought I'd be the girl that got married at age 20, graduated college, had a few kids, then turned 30 with nothing but raising kids left to do. Yes, I was a naive teenager. Looking back, it seems a lot more fun than what life has turned out to be.  I'm not saying I have a bad life, because I know I'm so lucky with everything I have. I'm just saying.... REALLY?!

I'M READY TO MOVE ON!

Yeah. I said it.

Come January, I will be that girl that is staying in Provo (better yet, Orem) to wait and get married. I never thought I'd be that girl, or never ever wanted to be that girl. But, guess who I get to be? That girl.

Why am I having such a hard time trusting that things will work out? I mean, am I really going to just be the friend that is always designing everyones wedding announcements (leaving of course the most bomb of them all design in my head, for the wedding)?

Basically, the other night I realized that my next birthday I will be 25, and I've started to panic. Mostly because all my life plans have always included... you know... the husband and kids stuff.

Why is trusting in the guy upstairs so hard when life is so good?


Yes, I know I'm just 24 (I'm not 25 yet...), but really? Lets get this party started!

And, yep. I just blogged about how I think I should get married and can't. 
I'm cool.

2 comments:

  1. teeheeeheee...I love your tiny little text at the end.

    and I love you.

    and things will work out.

    I know this because I tell myself the same thing every day.

    it also might be written on my mirror.

    that's extra insurance it totally will, right?

    again: love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top 10 reasons why I love you...you are cool enough to write that post :)

    ReplyDelete