Friday, April 29, 2011

Fast and Furious

7th Grade was definitely an interesting year for me.  I saw The Fast and the Furious in the theater SEVEN TIMES!  After the first showing, I had to do chores around the house to earn money so I could keep going to the theater to see it.  My parents thought I was wasting my money on this and every time they dropped me off at the movie theater, they would ask me before I got out of the car "Now, are you sure you want to see this movie again?"  Yes.  I was SO sure.

Little did they know, this movie was shaping my future.  Or, so I had hoped.

In 7th Grade, I thought that Sarah = Car Mechanic.

 Can't you see it?  I totally can.  Still!

Well, my plans didn't really pan out the way I had hoped.  One weekend when my grandparents were visiting, they asked the question "what do you want to be when you grow up?"  I confidently told them that I was going to be a car mechanic.  They were mortified.  I think my grandma may have lost a bit of her soul that day.  Her granddaughter a CAR MECHANIC? 

Well... for some reason, I ended up not being a car mechanic.  I've lost most of my car knowledge, but I still know how to put the blue window stuff in the hole that is labeled very clearly with a front window sign.  THAT, I can do!

With that said, Fast and the Furious 5 came out this weekend.  I'm totally going.  In... 2 hours!  I've still got it in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment