Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

This semester I have 19 credits. Whoever thought that was a good idea clearly was not thinking properly. Right now, my life consists of writing papers. Non-stop. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun it isn't. Did I mention how the papers are on the most terrible topics anyone could possibly think of?

Example: Unpacking the Knapsack of White Privilege. 


Really? Who even thinks to name an article that? Okay, so maybe they could be worse topics, but from going from being a Fine Art major to this... It's pretty much torture.

Basically it's like going from having a lot of fun all day to driving a garbage truck all day.
There's nothing cool about that.

So since my life is just being consumed in terribleness right now (and really... life is good. Just full of terrible classes that I have to finish with zero motivation. It basically equals terribleness.) all I want to do is sit on the couch and read a book.

I am dying to read a book, but I am not letting myself do so until December 15 - when school is over.  I plan on reading, and only reading from December 15 until I am employed (or back in school because I failed all my terrible classes).

I am going to start with this book, because I can't handle not reading it any longer...


Basically, I want to be her when I grow up. If you don't know who she is then AHHH! Check.her.out. She also has a cookbook which I'm sure is cool too, but I want to read about her love life in this book since my life is lacking in that department.

After I read that, I promise I'll read the Hunger Games so I can be ready for March, but not until I read this one.

I.Can't.Wait!

If there are any books you think I should read, I would love recommendations. I'll probably be reading a lot in the future... You know, since I'll be reading only until I am employed.

1 comment:

  1. I love Pioneer Woman. LOVE LOVE LOVE her. But I seriously CANNOT believe you haven't read The Hunger Games yet!! C'mon, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete