Thursday, January 5, 2012

Treat everything like the world series

It's that time of year again where we're all working on our New Year's Resolutions. Hopefully since it's still week one we're doing okay. But if you are anything like me, that okay soon dwindles down to not okay, and the New Years Resolution is forgotten and excuses of a life full of busyness sets in.

This year, I didn't really set any New Years Resolutions. Instead, I'm living this new year with a new perspective.

About a year or two ago, I heard a story that has stuck with me. It was one of those stories that impacted me big time. That story is what I am basing my new years new perspective on.

Paraphrasing from Jasmine Star's Wedding Photography workshop @ CreativeLive.

Jasmine Star, rockin wedding photographer, told a story of a photographer who really wanted to shoot the World Series. This photographer was really good, he believed in his ability to shoot the world series, but no one would hire him for larger gigs. He finally landed a gig in Podunk USA, shooting t-ball games. He was so frustrated because he knew of his abilities to succeed, but he was shooting t-ball games. He was shooting the t-ball game like it was a t-Ball game. It didn't hit him until one day he realized "If I shoot this t-ball game like I'm shooting the world series, I will one day shoot the world series."A few years later, he shot the world series and received several awards for his work. 

This new year, I want to try and do everything I do as if it were the 'world series'. Not just in photography stuff, but in everything. I will run like I am running a marathon (okay, maybe 5k), treat relationships like it's my relationship with the most important person in my world, cook like I'm cooking for Prince William Harry,drive like I'm the star of Fast Five, and shoot like I'm Jasmine Star.

Okay, some of my examples aren't real, but you know what I mean. Live and do everything to it's fullest. That way, all those new years resolutions that I would've made are taken care of my just one resolution; my new perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment