Tuesday, March 24, 2009

calgary

This past week I was able to go to Canada! It was so fun to see family and friends that I hadn't seen in quite a while. We went up for my Grandpa's surprise 80th birthday! All his kids were there together - all at once - which hasn't happened in so long. Needless to say, he was pretty excited.



The main thing on my agenda while on my trip was to take some sweet photos. One morning while in Taber, my mom woke up with me early so I could go photograph my grandpas farm and other way cool things there. It was really nice because not many people or animals were up yet so it was very quiet and relaxing to photograph. My mom came with me to be my scribe (write down all my exposures and zone changes to save time). I got some really fun images that I am really excited to play around with!
Then, while in Calgary, my dad took me out late one night so I could get a night shot of the city scape. I love these types of photographs. We didn't go to my favorite view of the city so i'll do that one next time. Sadly, when I took the same shot with my 35 mm film camera, I under-exposed it. So there isn't a whole lot of information on the film. I thought a 5 minute exposure would for sure be over-exposing it. You most likely have no idea what I'm talking about.... But I was just lucky to have my dad take me so i didn't get lost in a crazy part of Calgary.

I will scan in some of my negatives and post more photos of beautiful Canada another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment