Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I love to see the Temple

The St. George Temple is my favorite temple by far. Okay, I may be bias because it's where I'm from but I still think it's one of the prettiest. Once I moved away from home and out of St. George, I wanted a picture of the temple to put in my room. All the ones I saw at Deseret Book I wasn't a huge fan of. It finally dawned on me that I had the means to create my own image have it be how I wanted it to look. I don't know why it took me that long to figure that out. So one trip home, I went and photographed the temple just as the sun was going down and this is what I came up with. It was my parents Christmas gift this year. Since they have it up in their house, it's great exposure and advertising for me which is working out great! Their home teacher is the manager of Deseret Book and he wants to sell it in his store!!! So I just have to get it ready to be presented to all of their approval committees and hope all goes well with them. I'm crossing my fingers! Also, I used this image for my first "art" competition held at school. There are a lot of other great shots submitted as well from other photographers, so I will have to wait and see if mine makes the cut!




1 comment:

  1. I love to see the temple too! and especially this picture, the way you added in some color really helps to emphasis the mood and everything surrounding the temple, not to mention it really makes the white of the temple pop. GREAT!

    ReplyDelete